Mostly focused on neuroimaging and related topic to neuroscience. Particularly fascinated by diffusion MRI, functional MRI, connectivity and microscopy. The focus of the use of these technologies mostly aiming at finding biomarkers for neurodegenerative diseases, but also at fundamental level of neural circuitry.
Extensive knowledge and experience in image analysis and machine learning.
Strong supporter of neurotech devices (as EEG, EMG…), as well as translation of research into companies, and implementation in global health and development by education.
Author of several peer-reviewed pubblications on neuroimaging, medical imaging and global health.
Editor and organizer of the MICCAI (Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions) BrainLesion Workshop, published by Springer Verlag.
Supervised several healthcare projects in low- and middle-income countries in Africa, related to diabetes, HIV and prenatal care.
Visiting lecturer at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences in Ghana and South Africa, mentor for the NextEinstein initiative.
Serial entrepreneur and science communicator.
- 2013-ongoing – Visiting Lecturer, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Ghana & South Africa
- 2020-2021 – Founder of Yawlab, Zurich, Switzerland
- 2017-2019 – Postdoc/Research Associate, University hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
- 2015-2016 – Postdoc/Research Associate, Italian Institute for Technology, Genoa, Italy doc/Research Associate, ETH-Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
- 2011-2012 – Postdoc/Research Associate, INRIA-Atlantic & University hospital of Rennes, Rennes France
- 2016 – MBA in international health management, University of Basel, Switzerland
- 2011 – Ph.D in Medical imaging, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2007 – M.Sc in Engineering for intelligent systems, University of Palermo, Italy
Sano Centre for Computational Medicine
Czarnowiejska 36, 33-332, Cracow, Poland
Tel: +48 12 307 27 37